- Travel Information
- Travel Tools
- Know Us
- Get in Touch
We are searching for an organized, motivated AP Manager to increase department efficiency and accuracy and provide strong leadership to our Accounts Payable department. The AP Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly and maintains accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers and government agencies.
To succeed in this role, you should be focused on optimizing department processes and build lasting relationship within and outside of the business. You should be focused, analytical and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
1. Manage AP staff for all stations and companies and ensure that supplier accounts are reconciled on a regular basis and that invoices are verified / payments are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Review/Approval of payment requests for all companies and planning of weekly/biweekly and monthly supplier payments.
3. Ensure that payment requests are presented to the chairman in a timely manner to allow payment by contractual deadlines. Ensure payments are made by most efficient/ least cost method.
4. Manage and support payments execution, process online Bank payments and credit card payments, process other payments requests
5. Relationship with bank regarding wires, return, fees, letters, follow up on wires releasing.
6. Review Aged Payables listing for each IASG company and ensure that supplier balances match supplier statements. Supervise/recommend correcting entries for discrepancies found. Negotiate payment agreements with relevant suppliers and assist Accounts payable officers with ‘problem’ suppliers.
7. Check coding of invoices to improve accuracy of financial statements with particular focus on Fixed Assets, Inventory, Deposits and Prepayments
8. Supervise that reports and general postings are completed as per schedule, check quality of reports, make verifications.
9. Prepare proposed accruals relating to invoices not received to Financial Controller Reporting for the month being reported and post relevant journals when approved
10. Provide Planning and Analysis Manager with relevant information to include in monthly forecast and support with specific reports/analysis requirements.
11. Manage, motivate, evaluate and train Accounts Payable staff and other company staff involved in cost control to optimize company profits
12. Indirect manager to overseas station manager and department heads from a cost perspective 13.
Knowledge, Skills Minimum Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field or relevant work experience to perform role
• People Management skills and experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong planning and problem solving skills.
• Ability to analyze information and processes and prioritize
• Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
Location – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos or Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Interested applicants send a resume detailing your experience, in the subject line write – Accounts Payable Manager. Write brief introduction in body of email. Send email to William.higuera@interCaribbean.com