Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Closing Date: Tuesday 20 October 2020
Closing Date for submission of Applications is Oct 10, 2020
Location: Jamaica (KIN)
The Airports Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to for both ground and flight operations, including the passenger services, aircraft handling, and local operations at Kingston and Montego Bay.
- Direct and coordinate airline and or airline station activities.
- Review reports on the station activity to determine data needed for planning station operations.
- Direct the arrangement of work schedules for optimum employee efficiency for both scheduled and non-scheduled flights.
- Coordinate activities such as passenger reservations and ticketing, commissary services, and ramp to ensure that all these activities meet the policies and regulations of the company as well as the government.
- Evaluating the staff to establish and conceptualize training to promote efficiency.
- Keep an open line of communication with the Civil Aviation and Airport Authority regarding airline flight schedules and loads, in addition to working closely with Handlers.
- Training employees on multiple aircraft types, as well as making sure the group is in general training compliance.
- Report to the Regional Manager/Airport Director to convey pertinent operation information and operational issues.
- Duties in this area involve training new hires, recurrent training, record keeping and maintaining, soliciting carriers for the service, staffing events, going to event to evaluate the staff, Civil Aviation (JCAA) inspections and audits.
- Create and maintain an open line of communication with staff, vendors and customers
- Relative airline or aviation experience. Previous supervisory/management experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and write English; bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Must be available to work varied hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test and obtain security clearance.
- Must have valid Driver’s license
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations.
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Be sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job.
Must be able to carry 50-pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 50-pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Work Environment: Airport Environment
Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
Other Knowledge and Skills Requirements :
To be successful in this field, one must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, superior problem solving skills, great leadership skills, good administrative skills, very assertive, impeccable follow through, and very flexible in their schedule.
The Station Manager must be motivated, goal-oriented, lead by example, open minded, and have the ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement rules, handle customers and employees well and work well under pressure. The Station Manager must have a genuine passion in providing customer service and have the ability to manage his/her time, particularly when he/she may be required to work flexible hours.
To apply for this role, send two documents. Document one your resume (CV), and document 2 a cover letter introducing you and your experience. Write a brief cover in the email stating the specific application. For the subject line – indicate Airports Coordinator – KIN application. Send these documents to HR@interCaribbean.com