Location: Georgetown, Guyana
IMPORTANT UPDATE: As part of this commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all interCaribbean in-flight crew. New hire employees must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of training.
In-flight Crew members are the ambassadors of the interCaribbean Experience, delivering high-quality care and service to Customers in-flight. In-flight Crew members are responsible for both Safety and Service in the aircraft cabin. They function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment, oftentimes during non-traditional working hours. In times of irregular operations, the In-flight Crew members are a key ingredient in mitigating Customer dissatisfaction and thus serve as a very visible interCaribbean Representative in diverse challenging situations. The In-flight Crew member is an effective communicator that is comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and whose personal values match interCaribbean values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun.
This position is located in Georgetown Guyana.
- Respond safely and effectively to a broad range of in-flight emergencies
- Provide outstanding customer service consistently and serve as an ambassador of the interCaribbean brand
- Serve as the primary respondent to Customer issues on-board while finding creative resolutions to ensure Customer satisfaction
- Perform other various duties as outlined in company manuals
- Provide assistance to Customers with lifting carry-on bags into overhead bins
- Provide assistance to disabled Customers and/or unaccompanied minors
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Over 18 years old
- Two (2) years customer service in a face-to-face environment including proactively resolving Customer issues regularly
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English (and Spanish for Bilingual role)
- Proven ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Vision corrected to 20/20 with glasses or contact lenses
- Must have the ability to walk comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward and backward, and sit in the flight attendant jump seat without modification
- Able to be scheduled away from home for up to three (3) nights and consecutive days; irregular operations occasionally cause extended work days or duty periods
- Must be able to adhere to interCaribbean In-flight Crew member Uniform Appearance Standards.
- Able to work as a team to deliver the interCaribbean Experience.
- Able to work varying schedules including reserve duty, weekends, evenings, holidays, and last-minute Scheduling.
- Currently in possession of a valid passport and can apply for visas to freely enter and exit, without restrictions, to all interCaribbean destinations.
- All passport holders should have a minimum of 12 months validity remaining at the time of application and the ability to obtain visas where required.
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment.
- Pass a ten (10) year background check, and pre-employment drug test.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Prior experience as a Flight Attendant.
- One (1) years plus customer-facing sales experience.
- Able to function effectively with limited hands-on supervisory guidance.
- Possess a strong passion for quality customer service.
- Prior emergency management experience such as medical training, law enforcement, or military background
- Non-traditional work hours, shifts covering flight schedule which operate up to currently 20 hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Able and available to work any schedule.
- Scheduled to be away from home for up to six (6) consecutive days.
- Mandatory extended work days may be required during irregular operations.
- Ability to stand for extended periods at a time
- Moderate physical activity is required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up-to 20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to push and pull heavy objects, such as galley equipment, in excess of 250 pounds.
Send a cover letter and resume to hr@interCaribbean.com. In the subject line enter ‘Flight Attendant Guyana’