Location: Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
Job Function – Junior IT Support Technician
|The role has responsibility for supporting customer related technology deployments and current technology that enables business services across interCaribbean. Business services can be defined as, but not limited to: PC Desktop Services, Laptop Services, Printing services, Wireless and Wired Network Services and the supporting infrastructure that completes the services, for example basic networking and server environments.
- Follow up on service requests, Incidents and faults as reported on our internal ticket logging platform.
- Follow all Standard Operation Procedures during maintenance and installation of responsible area.
- In conjunction with Senior team members, effectively investigate all defects, problems and challenges and report the outcomes.
- Successfully perform the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling of installed hardware and software on a continual basis.
- Identify and rectify a broad range of operational exceptions and error conditions.
- Agree on plans or instructions, by senior team members to install or remove items of hardware and/or software are followed.
- Problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software – especially those requiring greater installation expertise, are escalated to more experienced resources.
- Assist senior team members with hardware and software installation as and when required. Malfunctions are corrected by sometimes calling on other experienced employees and external resources as and if required and document results in alignment with agreed procedures.
- Adherence to departmental policy and procedure.
Knowledge, Skills Minimum Experience and Education
- A High School diploma, or other vocational degree.
- At least two years’ experience in an Information Technology related filed
- A+, N+ MCSE or any subjects related to Information Technology would be advantageous.
- English (technical)
- Spanish would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Computer related hand tools
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to learn from others.
- Knowledge of basic WIFI principles
- Knowledge of the proper installation techniques for PC, Laptop, Printer and Software deployments.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Work is mostly performed in an office environment, but it can also be performed in an outdoor setting or wherever there can be a need.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, talk, hear and see.
- Some jobs require an employee to work on high structures. Climbing poles and on buildings.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 12 kg) during the course of the workday
- interCaribbean promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
Interested applicants send a resume detailing your experience, in the subject line write – IT Support Technician. Write brief introduction in body of email. Send email to hr@interCaribbean.com