Location: Florida, US
Closing Date: Monday 30 August 2021
interCaribbean Airways is working to transform Caribbean air connectivity—launching, building and servicing city connections for better regional integration. In addition, because transformation begins from within, we are seeking the people to drive it. So, sounding the call!
Come ready to explore and you will find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we will welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that is evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day!
Are you ready to go beyond?
Term & Benefits
- Contract Term: 2 year initial then Evergreen
- Starting day: TBD
- Position: Warehouse Assistant
- Normal working Base: Sunrise, Florida
- Remuneration: TBD
- Weekly Work Hours: Average 40 hours with occasional extended periods as necessary
- Roster Pattern: 5 days on, 2 days off, this position supports a 24/7 operation with occasional after-hours required.
- Dates: TBA
- Location: Phone Interview (optional in person interview at base)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience in material logistics roles (highly regarded)
General Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be able to work in un-air-conditioned warehouse
- Lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Sit or Stand for extended periods
- Strong computer skills
- Must have good or otherwise corrective vision, and hearing
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to Details
- Unrestricted Vehicle driver’s license
- Experience operating a forklift and similar warehouse type equipment.
Job Position Summary
The warehouse assistant will as directed by the warehouse manager be responsible for and support the efficient operations of the warehouse activities to ensure appropriate material accountability. Duties performed will involve clerical and physical tasks for shipment or receipt of goods; packaging and preparing documentation such as commercial invoices and pack slips, bill of ladings and any other shipping documentation required.
The Warehouse Assistant daily tasks include but are not limited to :-
- Receive, sort, store, issue, stage, move dispatch, ship and organize materials, parts, tools, and assemblies throughout the facility on racks, shelves, or in bins in accordance with Company procedures
- Conducts local material deliveries and pick-ups to/from vendors as required
- Performs packaging, shipping as required in accordance with documented policies, standard operating procedures, customer, and regulatory requirements
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, notify supervisor of damaged items, ensure shipments corresponds with shippers documentation, record and store materials
- Operate necessary automated and manual material moving equipment such as forklift, hoist and lift carts to move products, parts, tooling, and assemblies to and from assigned locations
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments, ensuring the inventory tracking system is up to date and correct
- Conducts periodic inventory audits in accordance with documented policies, standard operating procedures
- General warehouse maintenance and upkeep
To apply for this role please send your Resume/CV to email@example.com